Ö FESTIVAL – WHAT & WHY
Ö FESTIVAL | 23 – 26 August 2012, Eriksö, Vaxholm
Thanks to all participants, speakers, artists, volunteers and contributors for making this an amazing festival experience.
Ö Festival is a new way to experience sustainable living – positive, practical, creative. Three incredible days and nights of inspiration, creativity, exchange, passion, and relaxation offering
- world-class summer music festival
- world-leaders in sustainable enterprise, science, design, media and more
- high-quality health and well-being experiences
- creative and collaborative facilitation, enabling personal action and social enterprise
Put that recycling down. Come and make the FuturePerfect.
“I am happy to contribute once again to the FuturePerfect Festival. This is an exciting and innovative contribution to the sustainable living debate, and is especially timely in year of Rio+20, when we are all looking for new ways to progress.” Ida Auken, Minister for the Environment, Denmark
Watch a fun intro to Ö Festival here
WHY ANOTHER FESTIVAL?
TIME for a fresh approach to sustainable living.
Sustainable living is the global debate of the 21st century. It urgently concerns attitudes and behaviour, design and architecture, industry, cities and communities, business, finance, and much more.
But the debate has become sidetracked into technical details, as well as political blame and personal shame. Living sustainably has become too abstract; now it’s time to freshen it up and make it personal and practical.FuturePerfect is the festival for new sustainable living.
Ö Festival is presented by FuturePerfect Ekonomisk Förening, a not-for-profit collaboration to bring massive new interest to the issues of sustainable living, by
- presenting the content of sustainability in a more positive, practical, entrepreneurial way
- engaging with new audiences in new ways, including innovative facilitation
- integrating creativity and culture into the debate
The project behind Festival is described in more detail here.
In collaboration with
With advice from